Liquor License

There are two main categories of a Liquor License:

  • On-Sale (sold and consumed on premises) such as bars and restaurants
  • Off-Sale (sold and not consumed on premises) such as grocery stores, liquor stores, mini marts

Both require the opening of escrow and execution of escrow instructions reflecting an allocated purchase price and terms of the license being transferred. A Notice of Intended Transfer of Liquor License must be published and recorded. Most investigations through the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control take approximately 45-50 days and by law, the license cannot be issued for a minimum of 30 days.